Monday 8 September 2014

Digital Stamping

Have you ever used digital stamps?

I have bought a lot of them over the years, but never seem to know how to use them. I have printed them out and have them lying around on my craft desk in piles waiting for that moment of inspiration on where to use them.

After moving the pile for the upteenth time, I decided that last week was the time to have another closer look at them. I chose a lovely little stamp of a mouse in a cocktail glass. For the life of me I don't even know which company this comes from any more! I used him/her on a birthday card for a friend that has a celebration coming up later this week. Colouring in with copic markers and then using glossy accents to make the glass look realistic, I mounted the cut out image on a background that I had water-coloured after heat embossing an image of cracked glass. Adding a sentiment to the bottom of the card completed the picture and here is the card:



I might need to play around a little more, but it was a bit of fun and something to not feel frightened about using. Digital stamps are now on my 'use list' which opens up a whole new world of stamping. If you haven't given it a go, then bite the bullet and have a go, you never know where it might lead you.

I hope you are having a creative day,

xx Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment