Saturday 24 August 2013

Too early for Christmas?

I know it is a little early, but I have completed my first project for Christmas. I started the paper piecing of the centre hexagons last year and appliquéd it onto the background earlier this year. Paper piecing seems to be taking over my nights as I can sit with my husband doing something whilst he is watching TV. Over the past week I have been doing the quilting on my new machine. Oh, how I am loving the BSR on the Bernina. It makes life a lot easier in the world of free motion quilting. I am quite pleased with the effect, so here is the result:


3 comments:

  1. Liz, this is gorgeous! I just started a baby quilt for our DD who is expecting in Feb. This will be our first grandbaby! Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for dropping by and following my blog! I just signed up to follow you by email :) It's fun having new friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, yes it is great to meet new like minded people. Good luck with your baby quilt and congratulations on becoming a grandmother. I have a new motto for free motion quilting.... Just do it. Thanks for the kind comments.

      Delete
  2. no, it is not to early for Christmas, this is stunning, great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete